Arts and Entertainment | Food and Drink

In The Bubble: Gingerbread and Chai

Drink Recipe Roundup:

Chai Honey Old Fashioned
From Mixology

Ingredients
Bourbon
1 spice bag
Chai tea, loose leaf—about 3 tablespoons per cup
1 orange
2 teaspoons honey
Orange bitters or regular
Angostura bitters
Club soda (optional)

Directions

For chai bourbon infusion:

1. Pour some bourbon in a jug or jar, fill the spice bag with chai tea, and dunk it in. (If the tea comes in a tea bag, just use that instead.) If you’re using quite a lot of booze make sure to add more tea. Mind you, you don’t have to use the whole bottle of bourbon, just use as much as needed. (You’ll need 2 ounces per cocktail.) Let it steep for about two hours. Don’t let it soak for too long (say, a day or so) or it’ll taste too strongly of chai.

2. Once you’re happy with the taste of the infusion, discard the spice bag and get ready to shake.

For one cocktail:

1. In a shaker with ice, pour 2 ounces of chai infused bourbon, 2 teaspoons of honey, a piece of orange rind, 3 dashes of bitters, and shake it all up. (Shake it well to release the orange scent and to dissolve the honey.)

2. Pour over an old fashioned glass with ice. Top with a bit of club soda. (You can skip this step if you like it strong.) Garnish with a star anise and a piece of orange rind.

Winter Bourbon Smash
From
Minimalist Baker

Ingredients
2 tablespoons preserves or jam of choice (we went with raspberry)
2 tablespoons bourbon

1 tablespoon triple sec
2-3 tablespoons orange juice
Orange segments
A splash of club soda

Directions

1. Add ice, the preserves, bourbon, triple sec, and orange juice to a shaker and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.

2. Pour into serving glass with a few ice cubes and top with a splash of club soda. Garnish with orange slices and enjoy. Repeat for more drinks.

Dorm recipe of the week:

Gingerbread Biscotti
From
Smitten Kitchen

For a more versatile version of gingerbread cookies that requires less effort—and no cookie cutters—bake these gingerbread biscotti for a lightly sweet dessert or the perfect accompaniment to your morning coffee.

Ingredients
Cookie
2 cups and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus extra for flouring hands
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
A few grinds of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup  granulated sugar
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups toasted, chopped nuts or white or dark chocolate chunks (optional, I kept mine plain)
1 large egg white
Cinnamon sugar (optional)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line one large or two small baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.

2. In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients—flour, baking powder, spices, pepper, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the white and brown sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients along with any optional additions (nuts or chocolate) to dry mixture and stir to combine.

3. Divide the dough in half. Using floured hands, transfer the first half to the prepared baking sheet(s) and form it into a slightly flattened log about 11 inches long by 2 ½ inches, going down one side of a baking sheet intended for two logs, or the center of a baking sheet intended for one log. Repeat with the second half of dough. Whisk egg white in a small bowl until a little foamy and loose. Brush over top and sides of each log.

4. Bake the logs until golden brown all over, about 25 minutes. Transfer tray to the cooling rack; let cool about 25 minutes, until lukewarm. Gently transfer each log to a cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife and gentle sawing motion, cut the logs on the diagonal into 1/2-inch wide slices. If using cinnamon sugar, stir the two together and dip both cut sides in the mixture.

5. Arrange slices, cut side down, on baking sheet(s). Bake for another 10 to 12 minutes, until golden underneath. Turn each biscotti over and bake for a final six to eight minutes, until lightly bronzed all over. Let cool on rack.

Netflix Pick of the Week

“Love Actually” (2003)

Regardless of whether or not you celebrate Christmas, get yourself in the winter holiday spirit by watching “Love Actually” to make up for the lack of snow outside. This British romantic comedy is worth watching, if only for the star-studded cast list full of big name talent that doesn’t disappoint. Notable roles include Colin Firth as an awkward aspiring novelist, Alan Rickman as an advertising agency director with questionable morals, Hugh Grant as the prime minister of the United Kingdom, and Martin Freeman as a stunt double for simulated sex scenes. The plotlines of these characters, as well as several others, are interwoven over the course of the film. All center on love in some form or another, be it finding love in France or losing love while listening to Joni Mitchell. Though “Love Actually” has its corny moments, there are many moments so earnest and goofy that they will manage to sway even the hardest-hearted viewer.

Mary Wilkie posted on

Hi everyone, I'm so excited.
My ex-boyfriend is back after a breakup,I’m extremely happy that will are living together again.
My name is Mary Wilkie from England.
My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant.I have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time.Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity. If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at:( Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ),you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: ( +2348071622464 ),His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

+1
-1
-1
Shane posted on

Initially a religious vacation, Saint Patrick's st patricks day graphic tee
became a public vacation in 1903.

+1
0
-1
Shane posted on

Initially a religious vacation, Saint Patrick's st patricks day graphic tee became a public vacation in 1903.

+1
0
-1
Jessica posted on

Dr.Unity can help you with real and genuine Love spell to get ex back fast and Stop a Divorce or Breakup.
My bf broke up with me almost 6 months ago. We were dating for about 2 years. We fell out a little bit when he got depressed. Then we patched things up but at the end he told he did not want to commit to anyone right now. After breakup I was begging him to come back. I was desperate and clingy. I know that it was the worst thing to do. Currently I keep no contact almost for three months). I really miss him and I want him back... I do not know what to do. I need some advice. As I was browsing through the internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr.Unity can help get ex back fast and Stop a Divorce or Breakup and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and told him my problems and he told me what to do and i did it and he did a spell for me. 11 hours later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again. Dr.Unity is the best online spell caster that is powerful and genuine. If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com , you can also call him or add him on whats-app: +2348071622464 ,Website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com ..... Thank you

+1
0
-1
Jessica posted on

Hey guys, Get your ex back fast with the help of a real and genuine spell caster called Dr.Unity.
I'm so excited my broken Marriage has been restored and my husband is back after a breakup, After 2 years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. i felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before,All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,
you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,
his website:http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .
Jessica, 26 years, Texas, USA.

+1
0
-1
Jessica posted on

Jessica, 26 years, Texas, USA.

+1
0
-1