Arts and Entertainment | Art

Matrix: Check out these lesser-known art galleries for student work

Tired of the artistic canon? Try these art galleries, which showcase student work or lesser-known artists in a university setting for something a little out of the mainstream.

1. SVA Chelsea Gallery

601 West 26th St.
Free and open to the public Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wheelchair accessible

The Chelsea location of the School of Visual Art’s Gallery comprises four state-of-the-art galleries and a large terrace, from which Lower Manhattan and the Hudson River can be seen. The work of selected students and established artists can be viewed side-by-side.

2. Stovall Family Galleries

NYU Kimmel Center, Floor 8
60 Washington Square South
Open to the public with a valid student ID

3. Art Students League of New York Gallery

Arts Students League
215 West 57th St.
Open Sept-Dec
Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m
Free and open to the public

From January through May, the gallery exhibits student work in weekly Student Concours shows. From June through December, the gallery features award-winning student work, work of instructors, and thematic exhibitions that draw on work from the League’s permanent collection.

4. Anna-Maria and Stephen Kellen Gallery and Arnold and Sheila Aronson Galleries

Sheila C. Johnson Design Center, Parsons School of Design
66 Fifth Ave. at 13th St.
Open daily from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Thursday evenings from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Free and open to the public

These two state-of-the-art galleries measure more than square 4,000 feet. The main street-level exhibition area also includes plasma screens, a rotating wallpaper design, and a student critique area, where the public can observe the design dialogue central to a Parsons education.

5. 41 Cooper Gallery

Cooper Union, Lower Level 1
41 Cooper Square, 3rd Ave. between 6th and 7th Sts.
Monday to Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Friday and Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 12 am.m
Sunday from 12 p.m. to 2 a.m.

The gallery is located in Cooper Union’s new academic building. It has large, two-story windows, and serves as an icon of student artistic activity.

6. Milton J. Weill Art Gallery

92nd St. Y
1395 Lexington Ave.
Open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Free and open to the public

7. Ildiko Butler Gallery

Fordham University
Department of Theatre and Visual Arts
113 West 60th St., Room 423
Open daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.

anne-marie.bompart@columbiaspectator.com | @annem_bompart

Hi everyone, I'm so excited.
My ex-boyfriend is back after a breakup,I’m extremely happy that will are living together again.
My name is Mary Wilkie from England.
My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant.I have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time.Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity. If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at:( Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ),you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: ( +2348071622464 ),His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

+1
-5
-1
Mary Wilkie posted on

Hi everyone, I'm so excited.
My name is Mary Wilkie from England.

+1
-1
-1
Jessica posted on

Dr.Unity can help you with real and genuine Love spell to get ex back fast and Stop a Divorce or Breakup.
My bf broke up with me almost 6 months ago. We were dating for about 2 years. We fell out a little bit when he got depressed. Then we patched things up but at the end he told he did not want to commit to anyone right now. After breakup I was begging him to come back. I was desperate and clingy. I know that it was the worst thing to do. Currently I keep no contact almost for three months). I really miss him and I want him back... I do not know what to do. I need some advice. As I was browsing through the internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr.Unity can help get ex back fast and Stop a Divorce or Breakup and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and told him my problems and he told me what to do and i did it and he did a spell for me. 11 hours later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again. Dr.Unity is the best online spell caster that is powerful and genuine. If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com , you can also call him or add him on whats-app: +2348071622464 ,Website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com ..... Thank you

+1
+7
-1
Jessica posted on

Hey guys, Get your ex back fast with the help of a real and genuine spell caster called Dr.Unity.
I'm so excited my broken Marriage has been restored and my husband is back after a breakup, After 2 years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. i felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before,All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,
you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,
his website:http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .
Jessica, 26 years, Texas, USA.

+1
+1
-1
Victoria Jacques posted on

Hello

How are you? I got your email and you are welcome to my temple where all problem are solved. You have make the right choice of contacting me because there is no problem that is been brought to my temple that cant be solved as i believe in my work and my work always speak for me.You are to provide me the information and more about your relationship life of you and you lover so that i can do some consultation to my gods for them to tell how to help you get him back.

+1
+1
-1
Lauren posted on

Hello my name is Lauren i'm from USA i want to testify of a great and powerful spell caster my husband left me and the kids for 2 weeks when i called him he didn't pick up when he came back home the 3rd week he told me he wanted a divorce i was so sad i cried all night he left again i was so lonely the next day i was searching for something online when i found a spell caster called Priest Ade who have helped so many people with their problems so i contacted him with my problems he told me it will take 24hrs and my husband will be back to me i did every thing he told me to do and the next day my husband came back kneeling and begging he canceled the divorce we are now happy together Priest Ade can help you too Email him at ancientspiritspellcast@yahoo.com or ancientspiritspellcast@gmail.com WhatsApp +2347059715465

+1
0
-1