News | Morningside Heights

Tara Hill Irish Tavern, formerly known as Cannon’s, to close on July 1

Updated June 4, 5:26 p.m.

Tara Hill Irish Tavern—formerly known as Cannon’s—will be closing on July 1.

The bar, which announced the news on its Facebook page and confirmed the closing to Spectator over the phone on Saturday, was owned by Aisling Crowley for 12 years. Cannon’s Pub had closed in 2004 after 70 years in business due to an ownership change and returned a few months later as O'Connell's. The pub was remodeled in 2013 and officially reopened as Tara Hill Irish Tavern, but has continued to be known as Cannon’s among Columbia students.

Located on the corner of Broadway and 108th Street, the popular Columbia watering hole has been around since the 1930s. It has been featured in a movie starring Eddie Murphy and was a regular spot for the likes of the late George Carlin.

Check back for updates.

jclara.chan@columbiaspectator.com | @jclarachan

essay-on-time posted on

We are all happy to read the hill Irish tavern shared concepts. Every concept you should understood for having great updates and essay reviews. Then all the users will get your great reviews.

+1
-1
-1
essay help posted on

I had an amazing time here with my friends. Beautiful spot in the heart of east village. you will get an amazing experience of joy here. I love this place. food was incredible. you would go again here.

+1
0
-1
Dissertation Help posted on

These are developed former after-school programs can make big difference in the academic performance of students. these features are associated with successful school programming.

+1
0
-1
AAA posted on

google
[url=http://www.google.com/]google[/url]

+1
0
-1