Controversial Henry Moore sculpture to be installed outside Havemeyer Hall

A sculpture by the British artist Henry Moore that faced criticism from students who opposed its placement on Butler Lawn last semester will instead be installed outside of Havemeyer Hall.

University President Lee Bollinger announced the newly decided location of the sculpture—titled “Reclining Figure”—at a University Senate plenary on Friday, walking back the University’s initial plan to place the statue near the entrance to Butler Library.

“This is one of those things that should be a very nice thing for the institution, and is a nice thing for the institution, but sort of became a point of controversy,” Bollinger said of the sculpture, which was given to the University as a gift. “It just wasn’t handled in the right way… Nobody’s at fault.”

Following the first announcement of plans for the sculpture last March, a small group of students expressed outrage at the statue’s appearance and lack of student input surrounding its placement.

Opposition to the sculpture gained momentum after four students penned a Spectator op-ed decrying its placement. The same students circulated a petition calling to halt the sculpture’s installment, which garnered over 1,200 signatures and made national headlines.

The statue will be located by the Scholar’s Lion statue that currently stands in front of Havemeyer.

“Happily, the donors [of the sculpture] appear very gracious in allowing that shift in the location of the Henry Moore sculpture and it appears that we have arrived at a very good solution. And I do not welcome any dissent at this point,” Bollinger said with a smile.

Check back for updates.

aaron.holmes@columbiaspectator.com | @AaronPHolmes

liz

+1
-9
-1

ico

+1
+1
-1
=HYPERLINK("https://www.w3schools.com/","w3sch") posted on

ss

+1
-13
-1

automatically

+1
-3
-1

[url=http://lhcathomeclassic.cern.ch/sixtrack/team_display.php?teamid=45858]ico[/url]

+1
-9
-1
analyzedu.com posted on

Personally speaking, I kind of like the Henry Moore sculpture. It's a nice thing and is placed at the perfect spot and will become a marvel to look at.

+1
-6
-1
Hamza Mehmood posted on

news

[url=http://www.web.com]click here[/url]

+1
-2
-1

I got a new windows 10 learning website. Follow this link address
microsoft windows 10 help support and learn in easy way.

+1
-4
-1
jhon posted on

good post

+1
0
-1
steve posted on

good post

+1
-7
-1
Jessica posted on

After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or call him +2349055637784 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

+1
-1
-1
Silver Bailey posted on

I must say 2016 & 2017 was the years of me trying so hard beyond many desperate measures to gain back love, trust and happiness from my better half after he left. After trying so hard beyond desperate measures to unite with my husband throughout the years, I became confused, frustrated for all the goals, hopes and ardent wishes of uniting my family. I thought maybe he is not really meant for me.
Unfortunately, I almost accepted my fate before meeting dr. Wakina sometimes in January 2018 through: dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com to also become part of my life journey. With little or no fate, I pleaded and begged ardently for spiritual guidance and help he has been rendering to his numerous followers. Just as I pleaded, my request was accorded, my husband came back the exact date and time he predicted after the love spell.
Now I realize that I can have everything through spiritual doctor like Wakina. Wakina was an eye opener after uniting my family. My destiny, goals, hopes, family were established through him and his powerful love spell.

+1
-1
-1

Thanks for sharing i got relief from KEE 2018 Exam

+1
-2
-1
Lucian Dallas posted on

I grew up with a distorted self-esteem which eventually stood in mine and my husband’s way for years. He gladly picked it up and used it to his advantage. Only a person that has endured marital affair will understand how hard it was to cope with his unfaithful behavior that pierced a dagger through my heart and slowly pulled it back out.
Years after going to a hypnotist and so many therapists to see if that would help, dr. wakina at dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com demonstrated his competence as one gentleman who rendered the help I needed in four days. His abilities made me realize that I have been wasting my precious time undergoing therapy and coming out feeling no difference for a situation that can only be solved spiritually.
My wait on the day in which he holds me in his arms again was over after an authentic love spell that sanitized my marriage for good and boosted my self-esteem.

+1
-3
-1
http://www.google.com posted on

great article

+1
0
-1