University dedicates Manhattanville campus

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_original","fid":"78203","attributes":{"alt":"","class":"media-image","height":"1000","style":"margin-right: 40px; margin-left: 40px; font-size: 13.008px; width: 300px; height: 1000px; float: right;","typeof":"foaf:Image","width":"300"}}]]University President Lee Bollinger officially dedicated the Manhattanville campus, Columbia’s most transformational campus expansion in over 100 years, at a ceremony on Monday.
The dedication marks a significant milestone in the University’s 14-year effort to plan and develop a 6.8-million-square-foot campus, at the cost of an estimated $6.3 billion.
The Manhattanville campus has become the cornerstone of Bollinger’s presidency—before his inauguration, he identified and framed his tenure around the challenge of securing the space necessary for Columbia to take its place among the world’s greatest universities.

“From 1970 until 2000, Columbia was constrained while other universities across the United States expanded. So Columbia had to—there was the existential question for the institution to be able have a future—not just to have a building or two, but something that would unfold over many decades. You have to have that space for the academic imagination to function,” Bollinger said on Monday.  

Fourteen years later, the first two buildings have been completed on the new campus—the 450,000-square-foot Jerome L. Greene Science Center and the 60,000-square-foot Lenfest Center for the Arts—and are expected to officially open in the spring. Three additional buildings, two for the Business School and the University Forum, an academic conference space, are slated to join them by 2021.

“Altogether, within a mere six years, there will be some 6,000 Columbia faculty, students, and staff inhabiting this now somewhat ghostly site, all busily going about their lives, taking for granted that it took so many some 14 years to create—which is exactly as it should be,” Bollinger said.

The ceremony was attended by a host of elected officials and academic luminaries, including U.S. Congressman Charlie Rangel, Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute Co-director and Nobel Prize laureate Eric Kandel, and New York City Comptroller Scott Stringer. Major donors and philanthropists Mortimer Zuckerman, Gerry Lenfest, and Christina McInerney, the president and CEO of the Jerome L. Greene foundation, were also in attendance.

At times during the dedication, Bollinger struck a personal tone as he introduced his daughter and grandchild, spoke of his wife’s experience working as an artist in the area, and reflected upon the vision he had for the campus—and for the University—as Columbia’s newly inaugurated president 14 years ago.
Bollinger also returned to another central theme he raised in his 2002 inaugural speech: the role of the University to serve.

“The period of the unfolding of this new campus in Manhattanville should be a time in which we demonstrate the courage and confidence to reevaluate what we think is important and our role in the world,” he said. “For this noble institution, today is a time of high celebration, of optimism, and of eagerness to be better than we’ve ever been.”

...

Carson Dane Connor posted on

It was too late for me to realize that my six-year-old marriage was only an episode, I feel that I try every time to convince my husband to love, commit and respect me as the queen of his heart but time worsened everything, he never changes to becoming the man I once fell in love with despite my humanly efforts.
I was encouraged to share this review eight month after my husband’s loyalty was restored by a man I call my spiritual father; dr. wakina {dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com}. My spiritual father practically made our hearts unbreakable and our love 10 times stronger. We have been enjoying the benefits of his spell on us.
Hope you are encouraged never to let go after reading this review? Note that there is hope and love on the other side only if you begin now to fight for the future. Thanks for your time.

+1
0
-1
robux hack posted on

I was such as exciting news to get the robux hack after which i generated free robux,robux generator,roblox robux generator,robux codes and many more to complete the whole game of roblox.

+1
+1
-1
Jessica posted on

After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or call him +2349055637784 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

+1
0
-1