Columbia College student has died

Ezekiel “Zeke” Reiser, a Columbia College student, has died, Columbia College Dean James Valentini announced in an email Monday.  

Reiser passed away in his off-campus home in New York over the weekend, but the cause of death has not been disclosed. He had entered with the Class of 2014, but had returned to Columbia. Reiser is the son of adjunct architecture professors in the Columbia Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation.

This is the second death of a Columbia College student in the past week, a fact which Valentini acknowledged in his email to students. Yi-Chia “Mia” Chen, a Columbia College exchange student from Japan died last Thursday in an apparent suicide.  

“I know that many of you are still healing from other recent news. Each loss we experience takes a toll, and this has been and continues to be an incredibly difficult time for us all,” Valentini said in the email.

The email can be read in full below.

Dear Students,

I am devastated to be writing to you again about the passing of a Columbia College student. Ezekiel “Zeke” Reiser, who was the son of adjunct faculty members in the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation (GSAPP) and entered Columbia College with the Class of 2014, died this weekend at his family’s home in New York.

Below is a message sent by Dean Amale Andraos to the GSAPP faculty, which includes memorial information for Zeke.

I know that many of you are still healing from other recent news. Each loss we experience takes a toll, and this has been and continues to be an incredibly difficult time for us all.

Please continue to take care of yourselves and each other and don’t hesitate to reach out to the staff throughout the University here to support you, including clinicians from Counseling and Psychological Services (212-854-2878), staff from the Office of the University Chaplain (212-854-1493), your advisers in the Berick Center for Student Advising (212-854-6378), and your Residential Life staff, including your RAs.

My thoughts are with Zeke’s family and friends, and all of you.

James J. Valentini

Dean of Columbia College and

Vice President for Undergraduate Education

cc:  Mary C. Boyce, Dean of The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science

Resources

jessica.spitz@columbiaspectator.com | @jjspitz1

Alba posted on

Columbia College student has died
So sad News thanks for share
http://www.leahsfitness.com/

+1
0
-1
alba posted on

http://www.leahsfitness.com/

+1
0
-1