City

Interviewing the dogs of MoHi

Our furry neighbors are a huge part of life here at Columbia.

From our canine guests playing on the lawns to the ones we encounter as we explore MoHi, the dogs around Morningside Heights are arguably some of the cutest around (I see you West Village dogs). Read on for profiles of some of our furry friends in MoHi.

Speaking of dogs, if you catch a glimpse of a pup, or a pigeon, or any other MoHi beast, send us a Snapchat @CUSpectrum by Thursday. Our favorite snapper will receive a $10 Amazon card. Details here.

This is Fisher

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 5.44.29 pm.png

Name Origin: When asked the origin of Fisher’s name, Professor Lo chuckled and said that it is a secret. The leading theory here at Spectrum is that Fisher was once a human fisherman turned into a dog by a witch.

Traits: While Fisher’s main hobby is eating, he can also be seen running around Columbia (despite his old dog-age).

Fisher’s turf: All over campus.

Fun fact: Fisher belongs to Columbia statistics professor, Shaw-Hwa Lo. Take his class so you can offer to dog-sit.

This is Milkshake

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 5.46.10 pm.png

Name Origin: Owner Stephanie Rudolf really loves milkshakes.

Traits: Kind, sociable, loves to dig.

Milkshake’s turf: All over MoHi and on Instagram @monster_milkshake. (She may or may not have more followers than you.)

Fun fact: Milkshake’s owner is in the process of certifying her as a service dog, after Milkshake helped Rudolf’s grandmother after a fall.

This is Bobo and Diamond

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 5.59.37 pm.png Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 5.59.29 pm.png

Name Origin: While owners Georgie and Taeyang just liked the name Bobo, they took Diamond’s name from a similar-sounding Chinese phrase, which means clumsy and cute.

Traits: While Bobo is more excitable and affectionate, according to Taeyang, Diamond, “thinks he’s a cat.”

Bobo and Diamond turf: Upper West Side

Fun fact: These dogs are probably more fashionable than you will ever be. Both Bobo and Diamond were rocking fall sweaters during their walk.

This is Louis

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 6.07.37 pm.png

Name Origin: Though Louis’ sitter didn’t know the origin of his bud’s name, one can only speculate it comes from royalty. Perhaps it’s a nod to the late great King Louis XIV of France, or maybe his excellency Louis Tomlinson of One Direction.

Traits: Because he’s an elderly dog, Louis is hard of hearing and sight. However, he loves to play with his human friends and remains very calm and mellow.

Louis’ turf: Riverside Park and the streets of MoHi.

Fun fact: Because Louis is so mellow, he gets along great with the babies and toddlers at the park and can often be found in the playgrounds of MoHi parks.

Penny

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 6.11.08 pm.png

Name Origin: Penny gets her name from the character Grandpa PP Marshmallow in her owner Judith Greengus’, favourite children’s book.

Traits: According to Greengus, Penny is very, “un-doglike. She is a mix of a monkey and a squirrel.” Her owner noted that, because Penny is a rescue dog, it is quite possible that she is in fact half-monkey and half-squirrel. (A squirkey?)

Penny’s turf: Riverside Park and Morningside Park

Fun fact: Penny loves to run around, and, though she’s super independent, comes back to the sound of her owner’s voice.

Honorary mention: Nils, the Book Culture dog

Though Nils’ owner, Joan, could not be located for comment, Nils remains quite the celebrity around campus for frequent sightings of his white fluffiness at Book Culture. His cuteness has undoubtedly graced your Snapchat stories or your Instagram feeds.

Nils is perhaps one of the top attractions of MoHi, just beating out St. John the Divine and the Hungarian Pastry Shop. He makes frequent visits to Book Culture (as every well-educated dog does) and we can only hope to one day see Nils joining us in our classes. You can come too, Joan.

Know of more MoHi dogs that we didn't interview? Give them a shoutout down below in the comments or Snapchat us them @CUspectrum for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card.

Mariella Evangelista is a first-year at Barnard and a trainee Spectrum staff writer. She felt honored to write an article about cute, squishy creatures. Help her write a petition to her editor for the next article to be “Babies of MoHi.” She can be reached for dog pics and anything else at mariella.evangelista@columbiaspectator.com.

All photos taken by Mariella for Spectrum.

Adamsonalvin posted on

Absolutely loved the entire post, quite interesting and had a great time going through it. Thanks for sharing this with us and I hope to see more such good shares from you. SEO Expert

+1
-1
-1
Wendy Murray posted on

How to get your Ex lover back fast after a breakup or divorce! Unityspelltemple@gmail.com is certainly the best spell caster online, and his result is 100% guarantee..
I’m so excited sharing my testimony..
After 12years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com , you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,you can also visit his website: https://unityspelltempe.blogspot.com .
Wendy Murray

+1
-1
-1
jessicastephen22 posted on

URGENT LOVE-SPELL TO GET YOUR EX BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND BACK FAST!!
I’m so excited! Thanks to Dr.Unity for bringing back my Ex-husband and brought great joy to me today! Unityspelltemple@gmail.com is certainly the best spell caster online,if you need your Ex lover back fast!and his result is 100% guarantee..
After 12years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,
you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,
you can also visit his website: https://unityspelltempe.blogspot.com .

+1
0
-1
dog website posted on

Aren't dogs the cutest animals to have as pets? I fell in love with Milkshake and was wondering whether I could get him be my dog. Is that something possible, and if so, then how?

+1
+2
-1
Sarah posted on

Hey,

I've just found a real and powerful spell caster online called Dr.Unity and his result is 100% guarantee in getting ex lover back fast.

+1
-1
-1
Rosa Wyatt posted on

Hey! my boyfriend has abandon me for the the past months now, and refuse to come back because he was hold on by a woman whom he just met, for that, i has been suffering and it has been heel of a struggle, but I decide to do all means to make sure that my boyfriend and I come back together as it use to, then I went online there I saw so many good talk about this spell caster whose email is Azeezabdulahi12@gmail.com so I had to contact him and explain my problem to him and in just 48 hours as he has promised, my boyfriend came home and his behavior was back to the man i got engage to. I can’t thank the spell caster enough for what he did for me, i am so grateful and i will never stop to publish his name on the internet for the good work he has done for me, once again his email him direct........ Azeezabdulahi12@gmail.com mobile number Call/What’s-app: +2348160153829 No problem is too big for him to solve!!!!!!

+1
+1
-1
sarahbarbara175 posted on

My ex boyfriend also broke up with me but when I contacted Unityspelltemple@gmail.com my boyfriend came back to me, is certainly the best spell caster online, and his result is 100% guarantee.
I am Sarah Barbara from USA, after 4 years of relationship with my boyfriend,
he broke up me and brought in another Girl, i did all i could to get him back
but all proved abortive, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a
website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told
me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me.
28 hours later, my boyfriend really called me and told me that he miss me so much,
So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,
and for the pain he caused me . Then from that day,
Our relationship was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided
to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble,
if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now.
Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,

+1
0
-1
Kelsey Sonny posted on

It hurts when my five year old daughter ask if Daddy will be coming whenever we are celebrating on a round table. Meanwhile I was used to celebrating every holiday season alone for two years after my husband abandoned us for another woman.
But I promised during last Thanksgiving that I will give her an unforgettable gift this Christmas Holiday. I didn’t know it will be possible and at the same time I didn’t want to disappoint my Daughter. It was an impossible request presented to Dr. Wakina’s table through dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com with a time frame, I don’t want to be a lying Mommy.
Believe me when I say it was an unforgettable moment between my Husband and our Daughter when he came knocking on Christmas Eve. Something I never thought will be possible became a reality. Love Spell is real and Dr. Wakina is genuine.

+1
+1
-1
Jessica Butler posted on

I shouted on my Husband and had a fight. The truth is

I was into crack cocain and meth. We have a 6 years

old daughter, I kept ego with him and had anger issues

occasionally.He left me and waited for my call in

station ,i didnt call that was last straw for him, he

went to his hometown and blocked mine and my family

members phone.He mailed for divorce and when i finally

met him He said He will not come at any cost.He will

raise our child at his own with his lone father (mom

dead).I have cried for past 5 months realising my

stupid nature.He has joined back his spiritual group

and is searching for his job.this is the only setback

i have got in my life which has shaken me to the

core.He has left Facebook,his father tried to

convince him but he is not listening.But i know i can

do anything for him now,I got counselling from friend

who told me to contact a spell caster by name Dr Gboko

to help me. I contacted him both on mail: i contacted

him on email: gbokospellsolutioncenter@outlook.com

and watsapp +2348148267340 and explained my problem.

He casted a spell both on my drug addiction and and

getting my husband back. Behold to my greatest

surprise within 24 hours my husband called me and made

his way back home with my daughter. If you have any

problem in life contact him he has the answers. Email:

gbokospellsolutioncenter@outlook.com watsapp:

+2348148267340

+1
-1
-1
sarahbarbara175 posted on

URGENT EFFECTIVE LOVE-SPELL TO GET YOUR EX BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND BACK FAST. Unityspelltemple@gmail.com is certainly the best spell caster online, and his result is 100% guarantee.
you can also visit hiswebsite: https://unityspelltempe.blogspot.com

+1
+1
-1

I never believed in Love Spells or Magics until I met this special spell caster when i went to Africa to Execute some business..He is really powerful..My husband divorce me with no reason for almost 4 years and i tried all i could to have him back cos i really love him so much but all my effort did not work out.. we met at our early age
at the college and we both have feelings for each other and we got married happily for 10 years with no kid and he woke up one morning and he told me he’s going on a divorce..i thought it was a joke and when he came back from work he tender to me a divorce letter and he packed all him loads from my house..i ran mad and i tried all i could to have him back but all did not work out..i was lonely for almost 4 years…So
when i told the spell caster what happened he said he will help me and he asked for him full name and him picture..i gave him that..At first i was skeptical but i gave it a try cos have tried so many spell casters and there is no solution…so when he finished with the readings,he got back to me that he’s with a woman and that woman is the reason why he left me…The spell caster said he will help me with a spell that will surely bring him back.but i never believe all this…he told me i will see a positive result within 3 days..3 days later,he called me himself and came to me apologizing and he told me he will come back to me..I cant believe this,it was like a dream cos i never believe this will work out after trying many spell casters and there is no solution..The spell caster is so powerful and after that he helped me with a pregnancy spell and i got pregnant a month later..we are now happy been together again and with lovely kid..This spell caster has really changed my life and i will forever thankful to him..he has helped many of my friends too with similar problem too and they are happy and thankful to him..This man is indeed the most powerful spell caster have ever experienced in life..Am Posting this to the Forum in case there is anyone who has similar problem and still looking for a way out..you can reach him here: drotubospellhome@gmail.com CONTACT THIS POWERFUL SPELL CASTER
TODAY VIA EMAIL: drotubospellhome@gmail.com call him or whatsapp him with this phone number +2348161532663 OR +2348115151940

+1
0
-1
Jessica posted on

After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or call him +2349055637784 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

+1
0
-1