Sign ups for John Jay's Thanksgiving dinner are now open

If you’re too broke for a plane ticket, too lazy for the drive, or too scared of your family’s post-election drama to head home this Thanksgiving, you’re probably wondering what you’ll do over break.

But never fear, John Jay Dining Hall is here! For anyone staying in the city, our favorite love-to-hate dining hall will be hosting its annual Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, Nov. 17.

giphy.gif
Celebrate in
Friends-NYC style by doing…this? But—bonus!—there will also be vegetarian, vegan, kosher, and halal options.

You’ll have to reserve a seat in order dine at this ~grandiose~ feast. Those slots open today, Thursday, October 27th, and they go fast. You can reserve a table for groups of 5, 6, 7, or 8, or ask for community seating as an individual. Pay with one dining hall meal swipe, with $25 Dining Dollars, or with Flex, and make sure to watch out for a confirmation email after you reserve your place.

Read up on the full details here. And if you can’t get a place, don’t worry; Ferris will also be offering a Thanksgiving-themed menu the same day.

Ishya Verma is a Barnard first-year and a trainee Spectrum staff writer. She’s considering breaking her 10-year vegetarian streak and risking salmonella to scare someone with a turkey on her head. Reach her at ishya.verma@columbiaspectator.com to suggest a vegetarian option.

That lil’ turkey gif is courtesy of giphy.com. Thanks, Giphy.