Halloween special: Ghosthunting overnight in Butler [VIDEO]

Ghosts, ghouls, and paranormal paraphernalia. Legend has it that specters have haunted the halls and stacks of Butler since the University was built atop an insane asylum. But how does one find a ghost?

Three Spectrum editors and trainee blog skeptic, Miles, who dressed up as a hot dog for Halloween, investigated this, spending one night from closing hours till dawn ghost hunting in Butler stacks. Their findings verged on the surreal…

This was a “don’t-try-this-at-home-(or-in-Butler-stacks)” endeavor. You will only be causing yourself grief and opening up your soul to damnation by carrying out an effort such as this. You have been warned.

Veronica Grace Taleon is Spectrum’s deputy editor and a Barnard sophomore. She woke up about once every hour, each time calling out into the void, “Where did Huber go??” Reach her at veronica.taleon@columbiaspectator.com.

Huber Gonzalez is Spectrum’s associate editor in charge of user-generated content. He desperately wants to find ghosts in the stacks and will not rest until he finds one. Reach him at huber.gonzalez@columbiaspectator.com if you want to join him on this adventure.

Sophia Hotung is Spectrum’s editor and a Barnard junior. She is so proud that she didn’t vomit after all that milk. Reach her at sophia.hotung@columbiaspectator.com

Miles Greenspoon is a trainee Spectrum staff writer and a General Studies/Jewish Theological Seminary junior. He’s upset that he didn’t find any ghosts, but definitely glad he still got a lot of sleep. Reach him at miles.greenspoon@columbiaspectator.com