Wake Up Call: When does saving a Butler seat become calling your Butler seat home? (11/2)

96

*/

Your seminar trajectory explained in graphs by a SEAS wizard.

View this email in your browser

@kko98 / via Instagram
Your 11/2 Wake Up Call

If there was ever a day to eat a butt-ton of doughnuts...

Today's top stories

Intolerance and intersectionality: Last night’s “Victims, Victims Everywhere” event was extremely controversial and heatedly anticipated. Its points of discussion? How safe spaces and trigger warnings negatively impact campuses, and how intersectional feminism impairs freedom of speech.

CU political parties debate: CU Socialists, Libertarians, Republicans, and Democrats came together to butt heads one last time before the election. Apparently the Republicans got booed.

Won in the 90th minute: In their most recent game, the men’s soccer team upset Sacred Heart with a 1-0 win in a nail-biter.

Core relationships: Using some of that good ol’ CC knowledge, columnist Luciana Siracusano uses Aristotle to explore the nature of college friendships.

Hi, I’m a ____ major: STEM, humanities—two completely different fields. But it isn’t our majors that create problems when discussing the contrast between the two—it’s our mindsets.

College Walk looking bare and unfestive? Not anymore. Yesterday, we caught the first sight of College Walk being decked out in its Christmas light decor.

What happened to everybody? SEAS wizard Victoria Yang explains why it seems that the number of people in your psych lecture is shrinking as the days go by. Analyze common first-year trends with her swanky, legit graphs.

Is anyone sitting here? Yes, living here as a matter of fact. Learn how to decorate your Butler desk to stave off potential infiltrators and protect your library real estate.

Pro tip of the day

Fake ID, but fake acting too: You have a convincing ID to hit up 1020, but you’re immature af. Dw—these are the behaviors bouncers are looking for. Just avoid being yourself.

Today's events and opportunities

Another Ooh Kill Em bake sale (why not?)
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. in the Diana Center

Glazes and Baes  (i.e. Doughnuts)
11 a.m. - 4 p.m. on College Walk

Senior Night: Countdown to Fall Break (about damn time)
10:30 p.m. - 3 a.m. at Mel’s Burger Bar on 110th Street and Broadway (because you didn’t know where it was before we told you, obviously)

Mindful Wednesdays with CU Bhakti 
6:15 - 7:45 p.m. in Lerner 568

Snapchat of the day

When you pretend to celebrate Halloween, but you’re really just alone as hell.

Get in the Wake Up Call

• Tag us on Instagram @CUspectrum to submit your Instas for header images.
  • Message us on Facebook with links to your events or opportunities.
  • Snapchat us @CUspectrum for Snapchats of the day.

Feeling in the dark when it comes to campus news? We can fix that. Subscribe to the Wake Up Call.