Wake Up Call: We've got the maps to navigate Columbia’s underground tunnels (11/22)

96

*/

You may never need your charger again.

View this email in your browser

@nkurt1000 / via Instagram
Your 11/22 Wake Up Call

Just two more days. (Jk you’re probably leaving early.)

Today's top stories

Spar’s priorities: Barnard President Debora Spar says she will prioritizes fossil fuel divestment and campus diversity in the months before she resigns.

Never be without a charger: SGA debated what student requests should be funded—new furniture for the Diana Center and/or a lending library for laptop and phone chargers?

The parents are all right: Columnist Nikita Singareddy considers her ever-evolving relationship with her immigrant parents.

Undocumented but eligible: Columbia admissions announced that undocumented CC and SEAS students are now eligible for need-blind financial aid

Making campus home: A Barnard quadling suggests we thank Columbia employees for their support and dedication.

B-ball returns victorious: Men’s basketball ended their three-day road trip with a 2-1 record to start the season. 

Lost + lonely: If you’re away from home this Thanksgiving, there’s still plenty going on around the city. Read up on events and activities to keep you busy all weekend. 

Venture into the tunnels*: Here’s your guide to Columbia’s underground tunnels. Say goodbye to hurly-burly winds blowing you off your feet on your way to Econ. (*but actually don’t; they will expel you.)

Pro-tip of the day

Failed your midterm? Whether you want to delay and deny, or just tell the truth, break the bad news to your parents with your favorite strategy from our guide. 

This week's contest

Aced your art history midterm? Consider yourself a Snapchat connoisseur? Combine your two greatest talents and beautify your Snaps for a chance to win (surprise!) a magical Muji gift package.​

Events and opportunities

Free food: Vegan Thanksgiving at Hogwarts 2016
7 - 9 p.m. in Roone

Exhibit: Pendulum - A V-Day Exhibit
5 - 8 p.m. in Sulzberger Parlor

Call to artists: “Waste of time” exhibition
Submissions open until Dec. 6

Call to artists: Student Art Show
Last day to submit Nov. 22

Snapchat of the day

I know it’s none of my beeswax, but honey, that’s not beeing productive.

Get in the Wake Up Call

• Tag us on Instagram @CUspectrum to submit your Instas for header images.
  • Message us on Facebook with links to your events or opportunities.
  • Snapchat us @CUspectrum for Snapchats of the day.
Before you head home for T-giving, make sure to subscribe to the Wake Up Call.