Barnard and NYU fashion brand PussyWeed hits campus

What do you get when you combine drugs, genitals, fashion, and feminists? PussyWeed... duh.

Ava Kingsley and Natasha Przedborski, both BC ’17, launched the fashion brand with NYU senior Hannah Campbell early this September. The company aims to get you “screaming your feminism from the rooftops. “We are first and foremost a female empowerment apparel brand,” the founders wrote in a statement to Spectrum, “and we support women in the rise of the legal cannabis industry given its male dominated nature.”

The online store sells $15 tees, $20 totes, and $1 stickers (among other merch,) making the brand’s swag perfect Christmas gift material for the unabashed feminist in your life. While the designs might be a tad risqué, you can always tell your grandma that the “maple leaves” are floating on a river, or that a “palm tree” is stuck between two squiggly walls.

The brand is careful to address some understandable concerns on its website, clarifying that it does not in fact sell drugs, and that the pussyless may also wear its products.

Ishya Verma is a Barnard first-year and Spectrum staff writer. Unfortunately, she will not be buying her grandma a PussyWeed T-shirt. Reach her at ishya.verma@columbiaspectator.com to berate her.

Updated: Tuesday Nov. 29, 2016. 10:26 a.m. This article has been updated to refer to Hannah Campbell by name as the third founder, and feature the statement from Campbell, Przedborski, and Kingsley.

Essay Mama posted on

Due to this notification students feel so fear and administration did not know what is going on this university. The administration should know about this issue and should to punishment the person who did this. But this kind of the deed is not suitable for the students.

+1
0
-1