Wake Up Call: Conservative site Professorwatchlist.org has listed a Columbia professor (11/30)

*/

No cuffing bae? There's alwayd PrezBeau and Orgo Night.

View this email in your browser

@jessicarainford / via Instagram
Your 11/30 Wake Up Call

Last chance to get involved in the Varsity Show

Today's top stories

Telling on teacher: Professorwatchlist.org—a conservative, nonprofit website—recently accused a Columbia journalism professor of discriminating against conservative students. 

Columbia, Cuba, and Castro: How has campus responded to Fidel Castro’s death? For those who praise his anti-imperialist ideology, Carolina Gonzalez, a proud Cuban, discusses why they need to rethink their position.

Uncomfortable opinions: Last night, Suzanne Goldberg led a forum on free speech in the Columbia community, prompting listeners to ask, “If there’s a way to debate controversial ideas, how do we do it?”

Escaping the tunnel: We see each other every day, but do we really listen to one another? In this column, Benjamin DuBow explores the existence of Columbia’s tunnel vision and how it prevents us from truly hearing our peers.

Sittin’ down with PrezBo: Bollinger’s vision for CU includes a globalized university, but have our global centers flourished or failed under PrezBo? In this interview with the president himself, The Eye investigates.

Un-cuffed up: Columbia is too much of a sexual wasteland for you to have a cuffing bae. But that’s OK, you can stay warm with the likes of PrezBeau, Orgo Night, and more…

Are we actually good at sports? You may have jokes aplenty about the football team, but you probably weren’t even aware that we have a squash team. Here’s how our teams stack up.

Heading south: Swimming in the winter? Sounds terrible for most, but not for six CU women swimmers, who are traveling to Atlanta for the AT&T Winter National Championships.

Two too few: After a late rally, men’s basketball came up two points short in their latest game against Hofstra.

Pro-tip of the day

Don't waste your walks: Tired of walking around campus in solitary silence? Pop on these podcasts to get your mind pumping before class or study seshes.

This week's contest

Bish, it’s cold: Get bundled up and send a snap of your winter outfit to Spectrum’s snapchat for a chance to win a Muji prize of your choice.

Study break master list

It’s that time, folks. We’ve got our list of study breaks up and running, and we’ll be updating it as the days drag on until your last final.

Shoot us a Facebook message to promote a study break.

Events and opportunities

Auditions and interviews: 123rd Annual Varsity Show
8 - 11 p.m. in Hamilton Hall

Discussion: Adulting: Navigating Social Class at an Ivy League Institution
7 - 9 p.m. at the Intercultural Resource Center

Food: Thirst Date Bake Sale
11 a.m. - 4 p.m. in Lerner

Performance: JTS Open Mic Night
7 - 9 p.m. in Unterberg Auditorium at the Jewish Theological Seminary

Interview prep: CCLBA Presents: Jack of All Trades
7 - 8 p.m. in 569 Lerner

Snapchat of the day

#lithumandchill. Don’t get too committed before finals even start though.

Get in the Wake Up Call

• Tag us on Instagram @CUspectrum to submit your Instas for header images.
  • Message us on Facebook with links to your events or opportunities.
  • Snapchat us @CUspectrum for Snapchats of the day.
Subscribe to the Wake Up Call to get it in you inbox at 8 a.m. instead of on Facebook at 10 a.m.