Wake Up Call: Wtf is PussyWeed and should you be wearing it? (11/29)

96

*/

Time to realize your Home Alone dreams.

View this email in your browser

@mouraq / via Instagram
Your 11/29 Wake Up Call

How awkward were your Thanksgiving conversations?

Today's top stories

Post-scandal match: Wrestling competed at the New York State Games in its second match of the season since the GroupMe blow-up. 

Remembering: Nicole Orttung, GS ’17, passed away last week. Here’s a breakdown of psychological and counselling services, should you need them.

After Spar: SGA discussed the the Bold Standard capital campaign and the impact of Spar’s departure at last night’s meeting.

Red state, home state: Thanksgiving election conversations were hard. That’s why columnist Daniel Bergerson plans to eventually head home to educate members of his red state community.

Shit you could have said: Was your T-givs awk af? Columnist Charlotte Force made this list of things you could have discussed over dinner last weekend. Bit late though, Forcie.

Latinx + Trump: Despite solidarity, there’s still a lot of work to be done re: Trump’s presidency for campus’ Latinx community, according to columnist Patricia Pou Jové.

KEVIN! Looking for your newest NYC excursion? Look no further: take the **official** “Home Alone 2: Lost in New York” walking tour.

Vaginas and cannabis: Barnard seniors' new fashion brand may just be the perfect thing to gift Grandma Lorraine this winter.

Taking shots: Men’s basketball has a set of new faces shooting three-pointers this season. This statistical breakdown shows who’s taking those shots and what that means for this young team.

B-ball’s second “first” home game: No one was here over the weekend to watch men’s basketball’s first home game. Ergo, watch ’em take on Hofstra at the team’s first home game (in which people are actually on campus) at 7 p.m. in Levien.

Pro-tip of the day

Nailing it: Head to one of these top MoHi picks and (mani)cure your nasty nails.

This week's contest

Bish, it’s cold: Get bundled up and send a snap of your winter outfit to Spectrum’s snapchat for a chance to win a Muji prize of your choice.

Events and opportunities

Auditions and Interviews: 123rd Annual Varsity Show
8 - 11 p.m. in Hamilton Hal

Panel: Women in Public Interest Law
6:30 p.m. Ella Weed Room, Milbank

Performance: Open Mic Night
8:30 - 10 p.m. in Liz’s Place

Guest speaker: Latenite Presents: SNL’s Don Roy King
8 - 9 p.m. in 304 Barnard

Fundraiser: GSSC’s Giving Tuesda
11 a.m. - 2 p.m. in Lerner

Workshop: LSAT Logic Games
8 - 9:30 p.m. See event link for location.

Snapchat of the day

Who knew León Ferrari knew what Barnard bathrooms looked like?

Get in the Wake Up Call

• Tag us on Instagram @CUspectrum to submit your Instas for header images.
  • Message us on Facebook with links to your events or opportunities.
  • Snapchat us @CUspectrum for Snapchats of the day.
Begin that final push towards the end of the semester with the Wake Up Call.