Greekin' Out: Breaking down Columbia's six Panhellenic sororities

Greekin’ Out is a series designed to inform and advise all Barnumbians interested in joining Greek Life. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be producing content aimed to answer all G(r)eeky questions, but if you think we missed something, email your inquiries to veronica.taleon@columbiaspectator.com, and we’ll get on it ASAP.

If you’re not involved in or currently making a bid for Greek life, you may not know that formal Panhellenic sorority recruitment commences this coming Thursday.

That means for all PNMs (that’s potential new members, for those not yet Greeky enough), the next few days may be filled with much anxiety surrounding recruitment: What should you expect from development day, what should you wear, and how will you even be able to distinguish each sorority from the next?

Fortunately for you, we here at Spectrum are just Greeky enough (milking this pun as much we can, as you can see) to lend a helping hand.

There are six sororities that currently make up the National Panhellenic Conference (or Panhel, again for the n00bs) at Columbia, and each one is slightly different from the next: Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Omicron Pi, Delta Gamma, Gamma Phi Beta, Kappa Alpha Theta, and Sigma Delta Tau.

Amanda Frame / Design Editor

Interested in learning more about your sorority of choice? Here's what's been happening in the news:

Alpha Chi Omega

Alpha Omicron Pi

Delta Gamma

Gamma Phi Beta

Kappa Alpha Theta

Sigma Delta Tau

Any advice for those currently making a bid for Greek Life? Send it to us on Facebook, Twitter, or Snapchat @CUSpectrum.

Veronica Grace Taleon is Spectrum’s editor and a Barnard sophomore. She’s not in Greek Life, so the appropriate adjective to describe her is plain ol’ “geeky,” not “Greeky.” Nevertheless, she enjoyed researching this article. Reach her at veronica.taleon@columbiaspectator.com.

Jessica posted on

Hey guys, I'm so excited of getting my husband back after he left me and our 3 kids for another woman. After 2 years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. i felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before,All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,
you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,
his website:http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com ,
Jessica, 26 years, Texas, USA .

+1
0
-1