Career chasing: Everything you need to know about NACELink

As summer and/or graduation draw ever closer, you become increasingly desperate to find that perfect job, internship, or volunteer position. Sound like you? Then it’s time to check out NACELink.

Much like Columbia’s LionSHARE, Barnard’s job-hunting site helps match students with potential employers and makes applying a breeze. You can look for jobs on and off campus, search by your desired industry, and even upload your resumes directly to the portal.

There’s still plenty of time to find yourself a job for the semester or find that perfect summer opportunity. Here’s all you need to know to become the ultimate NACElink expert.

Hoppin’ on the bandwagon

If it’s your first time using the site, you’ll have to create an account. It’s quick and painless—just provide your basic information, create a password, and prove you’re not a robot. Once you log in, you’ll get to a page that looks like this:

As you become more and more active on NACElink, the home page will become more useful, showing you job listings of employers you’ve followed, your submitted applications, and other handy links. ‘Job Finder’ will even suggest jobs similar to the ones you’ve shown interest in, thus maximizing your opportunities to find the perfect job.

Putting your best foot forward

Before you can use NACElink to its fullest potential, you’ll have to fill out some basic info. Click on ‘Profile’ in the left navigation bar to get to something that looks like this:

You can add your personal statement, education, experience, projects, skills, online résumé, LinkedIn, and other relevant details right to NACElink so potential employers can find you as easily as possible. 

Bragging docs

NACElink also lets you upload any application documents (think résumés, cover letters, transcripts, etc.) directly to the site. Take 10 seconds to upload everything you need to make the next step (actually applying for jobs) easier.

On the hunt

There are several ways to make a job search. Click on ‘Barnard CD (Career Development) Jobs’ to see all listings. You can search through them by keyword or by more specific criteria (like industry or location) with an advanced search. You can also save your searches and direct the site to send you an email when new results from your search are added.

If you’ve filled out your profile, NACElink will also let you know which positions you’re not qualified for. (Look for the orange “not qualified” note next to the listing.)  

When a posting catches your eye, click to see a full description of the position, including a job description, application deadlines, interview dates, and contact information. Some positions will let let you upload your résumé directly to NACElink—all others will at least give you an email address where you can send it to.

Continuing the exploration

Finally, take some time to just look around the site. NACElink provides tons of other resources in addition to the main ones mentioned above. You can schedule an appointment with a career advisor (for anything from interview tips to resume review), look into upcoming workshops relevant to your field, and explore potential careers.

Beyond that, it'll take some clicking around on your part. Try out all the tabs, see what NACELink has to offer, and score that perfect job.

Got any other tips for conquering Nacelink? Tell us them on Facebook, Twitter, or Snapchat @CUSpectrum.

Ishya Verma is a Spectrum staff writer. She still doesn’t know what she’s doing this summer. Commiserate at ishya.verma@columbiaspectator.com.

annangrey posted on

Excellent share, this is a really quality advanced writers review post. In underlying objects theory I’d like to write like this too. Taking time and real effort to make a good article

+1
-2
-1
hay day hack posted on

Where to locate the most effective hay day hack tool since hay day is a totally an online video game you will certainly most likely have accessibility and also experience making use of the net and also this is the most effective area to start your look for the hacks and also cheats for hay day.

+1
-1
-1
Essay Writer UK posted on

If you are not able to compromise on some thing… dont compromise it! But usually preserve reminding your self of your priority, which for your case is your career.

+1
-2
-1
Essay Writer posted on

If picking a topic or finding relevant content for topic while writing a dissertation is your biggest fear, don’t be worried! aw Essay Help in London by Essay Help UK will thoroughly help you to get rid of your academic fears and they will guide you to a dissertation worth of distinctive grades.

+1
-1
-1
Angel Wesley posted on

I've gotten back with my ex husband, you can also fix your broken relationship & get your ex-lover back fast. I'm Angel Wesley from the United States. My husband and i have been married for about 6yrs now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 1 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later, I found out that my husband is seeing someone else. He started coming home late from work, he hardly care about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested Dr Unity can help get ex back fast, restore broken relationships and stop a divorce. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and told him my problems and he told me what to do and i did it and he did a {love spell} for me. 28 hours later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. Thank you Dr Unity for saving my broken Marriage and brought my husband back to me!".. I and my family are living together happily again. Dr.Unity is the best online spell caster that is powerful and genuine. If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you. Here’s his contact..Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on whats-app:+2348071622464.

+1
0
-1
6DollarEssay posted on

Simplicity brings confirmed technical know-how with a wide array of internet-based total software solutions. Symplicity's answers consist of career offerings manager, pupil tracking system, Credentials system, and scholar Portfolio, in addition to specialized software program and tools for on-campus recruiting, patron management, reporting, and communications.

+1
0
-1