Wake Up Call: How are international students responding to the dorm name tag incidents? (2/3)

*/

Are you a performing arts major? There are some scary things you need to know about your department.
Today's forecast: Cloudy with a high of 32°

View this email in your browser

@hayjaie / via Instagram
Your 2/3 Wake Up Call

Introducing a new international office to Kent Hall.

Setting up fort in Kent: Following Trump’s immigration ban, the International Students and Scholars Office is expanding its hours and will set up a completely new office in Kent. (BTW, for those who are affected by this policy, do you know what resources are available to you?)

A long time (30 years) coming: Cornell’s wrestling team is pretty good (it’s ranked No. 9), and we have to face them this weekend. (Note: We haven’t beaten them in the past 30 years.) However, momentum is on our side with a recent string of strong results.

Don’t-miss dates: We have plenty of pre-med, pre-law, and other kinds of preprofessional peeps here at CU. If you’re a junior, a really behind senior, or an overachieving sophomore, do you know when your respective test dates are?

Squashing the competition: Our men’s squash team is ranked No. 3 in the nation, but if we want to move up into No. 1, we’ll have to defeat Harvard and Dartmouth this weekend.

Hidden names, hidden figures: The administration’s been investigating an incident where dorm name tags belonging to students of East Asian descent were stolen. What are international students saying about it? Sarah Lu reflects on how this may be indicative of a greater racism issue on campus.

More than a name: In another piece about the dorm name tag incident, this op-ed focuses on the history behind names and how they are important in helping us remember our heritage.

Getting comfortable at Columbia: Some international students feel like they’re the “other” at CU, but for Karim Nader, this op-ed writer who identifies as both queer and Arab, things are not much better (and are often worse) back home. How can we fight to feel comfortable in places which we occupy?

Pro tip of the day

Always a good time to talk jobs: Overachievers, it seems like you all are always on the job hunt. We’ll entertain it. Earlier in the week, we told you everything you need to know about LionSHARE. Today, read up on Barnard’s equivalent.

Events and opportunities

Discussion: Aquí y Allá: Mexicans Resilient Across Borders
7-9 p.m. in 504 Diana

Club: Women in Computer Science: Welcome Back!
2-4 p.m. in the Computer Science Lounge (Mudd 4F)

Discussion: BarnardTALKS: Students, Faculty & Staff of Color Meet Up
12-1 p.m. in Sulzberger Parlor (Third Floor Barnard Hall)

Discussion: Public Lecture & Stargazing: Earth in Human Hands
7-7:45 p.m. for lecture, 7:45-9 p.m. for stargazing in Pupin Hall

Volunteering: Soup Kitchen with GSSC
10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Broadway Presbyterian Church (114th and Broadway)
Sign up beforehand here.

Relaxing: Guac & Smoothie Challenge (West Campus Life Hacks Series)
9 p.m. in Schapiro Hall

Volunteering: Black History Month Fashion Show: Model Auditions Part 2
5:30-7 p.m. in 223 Milbank

Snapchat of the day

Why, oh why would you do such a thing?? Thursday’s the new Friday, so it’s already the weekend.

Get in the Wake Up Call

• Tag us on Instagram @CUspectrum to submit your Instas for header images.
  • Message us on Facebook with links to your events or opportunities.
  • Snapchat us @CUspectrum for Snapchats of the day.
Subscribe to the Wake Up Call to get it in your inbox at 8 a.m. instead of on Facebook at 10 a.m.

John posted on

Thanx http://spc.columbiaspectator.com/spectrum/2017/02/03/wake-call-how-are-international-students-responding-dorm-name-tag-incidents-23

+1
-5
-1

International students have been responding for the calls of the study for the completion of the courses. All the programs have been set forth for the use of the resumesplanet.com overview in this ambit for the regular studies for the people. Student have been agile and up to the mark for the completion of the degrees.

+1
+1
-1
Assignment posted on

I think the another piece about the residence informal ID occurrence, this opinion piece concentrates on the history behind names and how they are vital in helping us recollect our legacy. Every one of the projects have been put forward for the utilization of the AssignmentGlobe.com review in this ambit for the customary examinations for the general population

+1
-4
-1
jessicastephen22 posted on

URGENT LOVE-SPELL TO GET YOUR EX BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND BACK FAST!!
I’m so excited! Thanks to Dr.Unity for bringing back my Ex-husband and brought great joy to me today! Unityspelltemple@gmail.com is certainly the best spell caster online,if you need your Ex lover back fast!and his result is 100% guarantee..
After 12years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,
you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,
you can also visit his website: https://unityspelltempe.blogspot.com .

+1
+4
-1
top wedding planner posted on

I think everyone is pretty much excited about it. I even doubt if they do have such events back in their country which has made them so excited about this event. It seems that they are all in love with the suggested name.

+1
+1
-1
Jessica posted on

After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or call him +2349055637784 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

+1
0
-1