Sports | Features

Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education asks students to fill out survey on improvements to recreational facilities

Athletic Director Peter Pilling sent out a Columbia-wide email on Tuesday afternoon announcing and issuing a survey for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education that seeks input from students and faculty about improving existing on-campus recreational facilities. 

The survey asks students, faculty, and staff for feedback on their experiences at these facilities, which include the Dodge Fitness Center, Uris Swimming Pool, and residence hall gyms, among others. 

“One of the key components of this undertaking is to learn about how students, faculty, and staff use Columbia’s existing on-campus facilities (e.g., Dodge Fitness Center)—or reasons for not using them—in order to better meet current needs and those of future Columbians,” Pilling wrote in the email. 

The 121-question survey also asks respondents to specify their ideal preferences with regards to indoor equipment offerings as well as indoor and outdoor recreational activities.

The survey’s results will be used as part of a larger effort to address the Columbia community’s campus recreation, physical education, and intercollegiate athletic needs. 

“The goal of the resulting Master Plan is to assess the on-campus experience and physical wellness opportunities for our campus community,” Pillling wrote.

The consulting firm Brailsford & Dunlavey is administering the survey. Chris Dunlavey, the firm’s president, graduated from Columbia in 1988 with a B.A. in Architecture. 

The survey will close on Sunday, March 13. 

Check back for updates.

catie.pellerin@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports

order of cv posted on

We have used so many articles about this departments on intercollegiate athletics and physical education spectator topics. That all makes me so much happy with the good resources and assignments. Then you will enjoy the reports about sports students.

+1
0
-1