Sports | Golf

Women's golf readies for road challenge in Kentucky

Women’s golf will head to Kentucky on Sunday to participate in the Cardinal Cup—its final tournament of the fall season.

The Light Blue have had their best fall season in program history, following up a season opening second-place finish with two consecutive tournament wins, most recently at the Yale Women’s Intercollegiate.

In New Haven, the Lions were led by their breakout-star, first-year Ridhima Dilawari, who shot back to back rounds of 71 and 70 to record her first top five finish, helping the team edge Boston College by one stroke.

But Dilawari isn’t the only reason for the Light Blue’s success this fall. Newly-appointed senior co-captains Camilla Vik and Jackie Chulya both finished in the top five at the Princeton Invitational—the first Light Blue tournament win.

Chulya in particular has been consistently performing throughout the fall. The Thailand-native has been able to build off of last year’s Ivy League Player of the Year award on her way to recording three top 10 finishes.

But the Lions wouldn’t have been able to pull of the wins this fall without timely scoring from other players. At Princeton, junior Nancy Xu was able to shoot the best final round in the entire field, while sophomore Amy Ding shot a career-best score in her final round at Yale.

The Golfstat-ranked No. 80 Lions will hope to perform at a similar level this weekend, though they’ll face tough competition in Louisville, playing against six top-50 teams.

The Light Blue will tee-off on the recently redesigned University of Louisville Golf Club on Saturday.

sports@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports